Liebster Award Nominee!
Woot woot! First, a huge thank you to Susan Grady from Petite Pepper for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Her blog is like a cute little retreat where we can get a peak into her life with everything from funny mommy anecdotes to some of her personal style tips.
Officially accepting my Liebster Award nomination, I'm sharing a few fun, random facts about me and answering questions Suzanne had for me. This should be fun... So let's just dive in!
Random Facts About Me
- I was a TV and Radio Host while living abroad in Dominican Republic.
- Growing up my parents owned a clothing factory which they named "Jacqueline Fashion".
- I lost my virginity at 22 years old.
- As a little girl, I used to cringe and cover my eyes watching boxing matches on TV. Never would I have imagined I'd meet my fiance & father of two babies when he became my Boxing Coach!
Questions Suzanne (Petite Pepper) had for me:
Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have ever visited:
- Boca Chica in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Playa Norte at Isla Mujeres in Mexico
- Playa Maco in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
What is your favorite post from your blog and why?
Dress Fit MisFit I'd say is my favorite blog post to date because of the impact that one dress had on my entire life. That dress certainly defined a before and after point in my life.
What makes you laugh out loud?
I laugh... a lot. But now a days, my son has me laughing out loud at least once a day. This little boy is just hilarious. Check him out here, to get a good laugh for yourself.
If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go and why?
Only one more trip?!? I would definitely have to say Venice, Italy. It has always been my mom's dream vacation so I would surprise her and make it a huge extended family getaway.
What is the greatest thing that has happened to you this month?
Yesterday, (October 4th) our baby girl Jade Avery turned 3 months old.
How do you start your day?
My toddler and infant seem to have the same internal alarm clock going off around 7:30 am. Still enjoying my last few days of maternity leave, my fiancé takes over Achilles and I nurse Jade. Once she's fed and dressed for the morning, I sit down to enjoy a cup of coffee with breakfast while we watch Paw Patrol with Achilles.
Why did you start your blog? Where do you see it a year from now?
As a Journalist, stating that writing is my passion is an understatement. I initially started my blog to help others in their Fitness & Nutritional journey but soon realized I had so much more I wanted to write about. Now that I'm more into the groove of juggling life with two babies, I finally evolved it into a Lifestyle blog where I have the freedom to just express myself through writing with no constraint on topics.
How do you spend a rainy day?
There's something so relaxing in hearing the rain fall and the blurred view when you look out the window. I just love rainy days, as long as I get to enjoy it from the comfort of home. Watching TV under the covers, playtime with the kids, enjoying a good meal, yummy dessert and a nice glass of wine once the babies are asleep.
Name 3 qualities that describe you:
Best advice you’ve ever gotten?
"Do what makes you happy". So simple but these 5 little words go a long way in life.
My Nominee Picks
- Carley Kelley (Carley Kelley)
- Tricia (Our Small Moments)
- Porshia (With Love On Top)
- Sharlene Grover (Sharlene Grover)
- Simone (The Mum Blog)
- Leah (Bless This Happy Mess)
- Jenv T. Corre (Jenv T. Corre's Wall)
- Jaylee (Nanayhood Chronicles)
- Deepa Jaisingh (My City 4 Kids)
- Marge (Tiny Bits of Magic)
- Christina Lauren (Christina Laur)
- Tiara (Chic and Domestic)
Questions for the Nominees
- What inspired you to start up your blog?
- What is your favorite post from your blog and why?
- If you could spend a day with anybody (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
- What has been your biggest learning lesson in life?
- What is the biggest misconception others might have of you?
- A quote to live by.
Please leave me a comment below letting me know you’ve completed your acceptance post. I look forward to reading your responses.
If you have any questions on accepting the Liebster Award, Global Aussie is fantastic resource on steps to follow. You also want to make sure and comment on his post letting him know you’ve been nominated. 🙂
Thanks again Suzanne "Petite Pepper", for the nomination. So nice to know another blogger Mami who believes in you!