15 Ways to Show Gratitude & Spread Love
"Your greatness is not what you have,
It's what you give." -Alice hocker
"I am thankful for the family I was born into and for the family I have formed.
I am thankful to have a home, founded on love.
I am thankful about having a job where I am at a position of helping others.
I am thankful for everyone who enjoys my blog.
I am thankful for the life I have been blessed with
and for the things that have been cleared from my path.
As soon as November rolls in we're faced with the not so silent question: "What am I grateful for?". I, personally, like to take a minute before bed to just give thanks for everything I am thankful for that day including the "little things'' like randomly getting to enjoy a quick little breakfast with my love before we head off to work.
Besides just being grateful though, how about we take time to show our gratitude? One little act of kindness can go a long way and we already know the world needs more of it it.
15 Ways to Show Gratitude and Spread Love
- Don't take the fact that your parents, children or siblings, know you love them for granted. Put into words how much they mean to you.
- Show your love. My mom had never enjoyed an actual Spa day so I surprised her with a day of pampering for just the two of us.
- Write a Thank You card (snail mail) letting some of your closest friends know why you're so grateful to have them in your life.
- Smile! Smile at strangers. Genuinely smile when you say Hi. Smiles really are contagious. Let's help spread them.
- Next time you're grabbing a cup of coffee, pay for a random person's cup.
- Take a coat you no longer wear and give it to a homeless person.
- Don't keep compliments to yourself. Stranger or not, spread some love by giving out praise even on little things like a nice outfit or an enjoyable blog post (hint hint lol).
- After your next brunch, give a larger tip than usual and leave them a cute little note of appreciation.
- At work, be the calm ray of light in a stressful situation.
- Celebrate other's joys as if they were your own.
- Say Thank You. Always.
- Don't forget about yourself. Looking in the mirror, tell yourself 5 things you admire about who you are today.
- Randomly surprise somebody with a small, thoughtful gift you know they'll love.
- Be considerate. With every action and word, consider how you might make that person feel.
- Over use the words 'I love you' and really mean it.